Welcome to the Finding Happy Places blog! My name is Jessica and I’m from North Carolina. I am a small town girl who loves pugs, collecting cookbooks, and chocolate. I am also still relatively new to blogging even though I started my blog in 2014 and I hope to learn a lot with Blogging 101 🙂
Why am I here? Good question. I became interested in blogging after seeing a few friends share their personal blogs on Facebook and I enjoyed reading about their families and daily lives. I added blogging to my New Year’s Resolution list and set out to start my own. I started writing a few posts here and there over the course of 2014 and into 2015 and would also go through lazy spells for months at a time but still found myself reading other blogs that I follow.
I have decided to stop being lazy, sign up for this course and continue learning about blogging. I want to blog about every day life (i.e. family, friends, my pug – Ollie, my wedding planning journey, cooking, etc.), finding something positive about each day (I call them ‘happy places’). When I first began blogging, I started a Marvelous Monday series each week to recap on things that made me happy over the previous week. I wanted to bring a little sunshine to Mondays since they’re often the least favorite day of the week and because a lot of people always focus on Fridays on their blogs. I wouldn’t mind continuing to do something like that.
I look forward to sharing my happy places in life with you and I hope you’ll share yours with me!
After a 6 month hiatus, I’m back! I admit I’ve been rather lazy with the blog. Ok, I’ve been pretty darn neglectful. I am really good at keeping up with the all the other blogs I follow, except my own. So, I’ve decided to get back on the wagon and give my blog another try.
So, let’s catch up!
Early this summer I had iLASIK done. It was one of the BEST decisions I’ve ever made. I’ve worn contacts for more than half of my life and I love waking up every morning and being able to see.
My sister and I got to take our first beach trip together by ourselves late in the summer. She and I do spend a lot of time together since we live close, but we’ve never gone to the beach by ourselves. We had so much fun soaking up the sun, playing in the arcade, eating hotdogs and cheese fries (like we did as kids) and of course, shopping. What would a beach trip be without a trip to the outlets?
Last week, my family went to the fair. I know I’m 30 years old, but I love the fair. I cannot resist the fatty fair food or the Tilt-a-Whirl. The stomach ache I had by the end of the night was totally worth it.
These are just a few of the happy little things I’ve been up to over the past 6 months and I look forward to blogging more regularly. I’ve got lots more to share with you, so stay tuned!
It’s another Marvelous Monday! I hope you had a great week & weekend! I don’t know about you, but I’m struggling with the whole time change thing. I may or may not have stayed in bed until 1pm yesterday. Hopefully I’ll be back to normal in a day or three.
Here’s 5 of my favorite things from the past week:
1. My sister just had to bring two dozen doughnuts by a few nights ago. It was Krispy Kreme or bust.
Chocolate covered happy places.
2. Last Thursday & Friday, mother nature politely dumped snow/sleet/freezing rain on us. Not to worry, flip-flop weather was back by the weekend. From the looks of this forecast, it’s FINALLY going to warm up around here. Just as I say that, it will probably snow next week. Welcome to North Carolina….where it snows one day and is 75 the next. I’m #snOVERit.
3. I got to spend the WHOLE weekend with Justin. Friday night we went out in Charlotte and I met some of his friends from out of town. Yay for new friends! Saturday we spent time helping his parents work on their house and Sunday we helped my parents work on theirs. I don’t care what we do, I just love spending time with him 🙂
4. I gave up eating fast food for Lent. I’m hoping this will help me to make better eating choices and motivate me to get out and start running again. Those calories sure aren’t gonna burn themselves. Now, where did I put my running shoes??
5. Last but not least, I’m slowly learning how to operate this blog. I have been reading and reading and reading and watching videos and reading some more. This past week I’ve mastered how to use a widget and my next task is how arrange pictures in a mosaic format. For you master bloggers, feel free to throw any tips my way. I need all the help I can get!
Have a fabulous week, y’all!